Tech geeks, your waiting comes to an end on September 12th at 10:00 AM PST in Cupertino, California. Even if you haven’t the received the coveted invitation to the event, it is most likely that Apple will unveil the new iPhone 8.
We are expecting that the below list of features/specs of iPhone 8 will be present when the phone is unveiled at the event.
- Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display with True Tone technology and/or Ion-X glass
- Virtual home button (bye-bye physical home button… but can you live without it?)
- A Touch ID alternative for facial recognition
- Inductive charging (i.e. wireless charging) and/or faster USB-C charging
- Dual-lens camera (Is it in a vertical configuration? fingers crossed)
- Augmented Reality capabilities (might feature a rear-facing 3D laser for depth perception)
- Apple Pencil support
- A full stainless steel and glass body
- Multiple colors including a reflective, mirror-like finish
- Upgraded storage(64GB, 256GB and 512GB variants) and RAM (3GB of RAM for starters)
- Intel or Qualcomm modem
- iOS 11
- Enhanced waterproofing
- Higher quality earpiece for louder, clearer audio
- Apple’s next-generation processor (the A10X or A11)
Here is a dummy model of iPhone 8
Since the competition, Samsung Galaxy S8 came with bells and whistles, it is expected that Apple will introduce some of the most awaited features in iPhone 8. iPhone 8 might come with Apple Pencil support.
For the facial recognition feature in iPhone 8 will also enable you to pay with, yes, your face. And it’s called Face ID. To support the new facial-recognition technology, Apple has arranged the front-facing cameras in a new configuration within a cutout atop the new edge-to-edge display. According to veteran Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the setup will support AR and 3D modeling with a trio of components — a front-facing camera, infrared transmitter, an infrared receiver.
Count down till Sep-12th…